CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

"Gratitude feels best, not when it gets breathed in, but when it is blown into the sails of others, that the vehicle of their journey has more power"
--- Friend

"Love and truth are the two primary manifestations of divinity in which we can partake, and by partaking in them we become truer manifestations of the divine."

--- Robert Wright


Monday, May 21, 2012

Bay to Breakers race report you don't want to miss

Warning: Nude pictures ahead.


I won't bore you with my wars with Achilles tendon. I will only say that I forced him to go to the race on Sunday. My plan to walk the course failed and I ran most of it. Achilles, being a total jerk and a sore loser, is getting even with me this morning. Got the picture?

So speaking of pictures:

The atmosphere before the race was tense. People nervously checking their racing plans, praying for victory, some losing their minds and laughing hysterically 
Others relieved the tension by throwing tortillas at the competition

I could have used a pair of those for my crawl

Absolutely overdressed for the race

Getting rid of the tan lines. OK, the guy on the right does not have any. Hmmm....

Total confusion as these guys were running the wrong way. 

Cheaters!!! If I had helium balloons I would have run that hill a lot faster


Try to PR in this crowd

I am proud to say that during the race I have not updated my FB status even once

Insert your own caption here

Whatever

I was going to ask her what it said on her spine but somehow I didn't

Oh, yeah, they gave me this though for me the real  hit at the finish line was coconut water 

So as most of you know, I am not a racer but after this race, I might reconsider... all races as fun as this one, right?

21 comments:

misszippy said...

Oh my! How much fun was that? It had to have been the best! Love the pictures. I think it was totally worth beating your achilles into submission for this.

Mary said...

I just have to wonder, how comfortable can it be to run naked?

Fran said...

I don't think many races are this fun.

I can't believe running naked is comfortable either, I would have blue eyes at the finish because of my boobs :)

I never update FB when I'm in a race. During a training run I don't mind but in a race all I do is running (and some walking now and then).

Amy said...

LOL - wow - quite a field of racers! I could never run nude, for the same reason as Fran mentioned, plus I really wonder about chafing...

Linda W. said...

Races are as fun as you make them. I always make sure and do "the wave" at every mile marker, thank the volunteers, and cheer at the spectators. Makes the race go by fast!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Definitely more of an event than a race!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Looks like I might have spent more time taking pictures than running. No boredom at that race!

Jerry Smallwood said...

When you see "Warning: Nude pictures ahead." in the first sentence of a blog there is something in me that just has read it even if I don't :-)

Ooohhh the sunburn on some of those runners, I would hate to see how red they are on the "front"

Jody - Fit at 54 said...

OMG, I love the pics!!!!! Hey, I would have chased after a super toned & tight male butt! :-)

Hope that Achilles gets better - you probably have to rest it - I know - evil words to me too! ;-)

HUGS & HUGE CONGRATS!

Char said...

That really was a 'fun' run. Not sure about the nudity though. I won't even run without my running bra on. I can't imagine how uncomfortable they'd be if they were flapping in the breeze.

XLMIC said...

So bummed we didn't see each other!

You got way more and way better naked pics than I did. And you saw naked ladies! I only saw guys...saggy guys. *sigh*

it was a nice day for a run through the city, though :)

Dr. J said...

Bay to Breakers is one of the classics of the running world!!

To be able to run that far while laughing the entire time is a real accomplishment!

Joy said...

Loved the pictures! No way would I ever run nude. I would knock myself out or injure someone! My race Sunday was not that much fun for sure. No costumes or nude people. Geez!!

Keep focused!!!

Patrick Mahoney said...

what's the backstory on the nakedness?

ajh said...

Oh my. I would love to run this for the entertainment factor but I don't know if I could get back some of the gross factor. Thanks for letting us be a part of it through pictures.......I think.

Stacey Pomerleau said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I wish all races were just as exciting.

Johann said...

Oh my that looks like fun and very different to other races. I would have taken tons of photos. Really great!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

some pix - need NO captions. enough said. yet, i did notice other runners were giving that runner some space.

i must do this race some day.

Giorgio said...

What a fun race! Thanks for sharing those pictures.
It seems that the atmosphere was nice ... but how can you run through that crowd?
Beautiful report!

Cory Reese said...

Wow - now that is a lot of people very comfortable with their bodies!

That looks like a fun race. Great race report!

Black Knight said...

Welcome back to Blogland!!!! We miss your photos (and your posts of course).
I am sure that there is more fun to see the persons than running the race.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
And you are right, impossible to PB with such crowd.